Aqaba Community and Economic Development Grants Program
USAID/Jordan, as part of its Strategic Objective toward “Improved Economic Opportunities for Jordanians” (SO3), has been active in several different aspects of Aqaba as part of its plan.
USAID/Jordan’s Office of Economic Opportunities carries out monitoring and evaluation of its current portfolio through a series of 12 indicators. Of those 12, there are several that the ACED would fold into as a matter of course, namely:
- Gender and Youth as cross cutting themes
- Technical assistance;
- Strategic planning;
- Sector analyses, feasibility studies and policy briefs;
- Human Resources improvements;
- Business Practice reforms;
- Supply chain analysis;
- Program support grants;
- Public awareness and advocacy services;
- Public/Private Forums;
- Commodities and equipment procurement;
- Program results monitoring, reporting and coordination.
The grants component of Aqaba Community and Economic Development Program will be a key element in the ultimate achievement of these USAID intermediate results. However, the Aqaba Community and Economic Development Program (ACED) itself has its own objectives and intermediate results. All grants must directly lead to meeting ACED’s objectives and results (please see "What are the goals of the program" below).